THE SONY ALPHA A7R III
The Sony a7R III is the company's latest high-resolution full frame mirrorless camera. Much like Nikon's recent D850, it's one that combines resolution with high speed and fast autofocus capabilities to a degree we've not previously seen.
The Sony a7R III achieved an overall DxOMark sensor score of 100 points, the same as the Nikon D850. This makes it the highest-scoring mirrorless system camera to date, beating the A7R II by two points.
The a7R III is built around it's 42MP BSI CMOS sensor and can shoot up to ten frames per second. 4K footage can be captured either from the full width of the sensor or from a Super 35 size crop. The camera can also shoot 1080p video at up to 120p and has a function to conform this footage back down to 24 or 30p, if you want out-of-camera slow-mo. These functions are also available from both the full width of the sensor or from the cropped region. 5-axis image stabilization ('Steadyshot') is available in all modes.
The a7R III inherits many of the lessons learned from the company's pro-sports model, the a9. This means faster processing, improved autofocus, improved handling and ergonomics, as well as the adoption of a much larger battery!
Sony Alpha a7RIII Key Camera Specifications
- 42MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Faster, lower-noise image processing
- 10 fps shooting with full AF, 8 fps with 'live' updates between shots
- 3.69M dot (1280 x 960 pixel) OLED viewfinder
- Improved autofocus, including more tenacious Eye AF mode
- 5-axis image stabilization, rated at 5.5 stops (CIPA) with 50mm lens
- 4K footage from 'Super 35' crop region oversampled from 5K capture
- Video AF less inclined to refocus to background
- 'Picture Profile' video gamma/gamut modes including S-Log2 and 3
- Twin SD Card slots (one UHS-I and one UHS-II compatible)
- Bayer-cancelling multi-shot mode for improved resolution
- True 14 bit uncompressed Raw, even in continuous drive mode
- Use of phase detection (including Eye AF) at 3 fps with adapted lenses
THE SONY ALPHA A7 III CAMERA
A full frame mirrorless 24.2 MP sensor that offers 14 bit RAW imaging at 10 fps. The sensor itself is 5-axis stabilized and features 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of the image area in addition to 425 contrast-detection points. The A7 III is able to capture UHD 4K at 30p and 100 Mbit/s and includes Hybrid Log Gamma as well as Sony S-Log.
Sony Alpha A7III Key Camera Specifications:
- 24.2MP Full Frame CMOS Sensor
- Full-frame or Super 35 readout 4K UHD recording at up to 30p
- S-Log 2/3 and Hybrid Log Gamma recording
- In-body 5-axis image stabilization with 5-stop compensation
NAUTICAM NA-A7RIII UNDERWATER HOUSING
A professional housing befitting of a top-of-the-line camera, the NA-A7RIII underwater housing provides fingertip access to all key camera controls in a rugged and reliable aluminum underwater housing. Ergonomic camera control access is one of the defining strengths of a Nauticam housing, and the NA-7RIII continues this tradition. Essential camera parameter changes are made from the handles, without awkward reaches.
The NA-A7RIII housing inherits the core design elements from the Nauticam pro DSLR range, and bundles them in a more compact package. A patented port locking lever allows lens changes to be made in seconds. Opening the housing for quick battery and media changes is fast and easy with the locking housing latches. All aspects of the system are a seamless extension of the camera.
The NA-A7RIII is equipped with two M16 and one M14 bulkhead. This allows for the addition of a variety of bulkhead accessories such as a Vacuum Valve, electronic flash triggering bulkhead, and even HDMI Bulkheads for video.
With "clean" 4K 4:2:2 HDMI output, pairing the NA-A7RIII with an external recorder from Atomos will enhance the incredible video capabilities of this camera even more. 4K is created from oversampled 5K when recording in-camera to UHS-II cards giving extremely high quality internal recording as well.