Sea & Sea MDX-α7SIII U for for Sony α7SIII
Universal compatibility with Sony Alpha Series
The future-oriented mirrorless SLR compatible housing is now fully loaded.
Universal design for the future The back panel is designed to be large.
The back acrylic panel is more than twice as large as before to improve visibility of the monitor and reduce the underwater weight.
Furthermore, it is a sustainable design that can be used with new cameras in the future with minimal parts replacement.
Newly designed fiber-optic cable cover Newly designed optical fiber cable cover.
Newly designed fiber-optic cable cover included. Prevents optical cable terminals from falling out and smartly protects light-emitting panels and cable terminals. Includes a strap to prevent loss of the cover.
Leak Alarm Unit as standard equipment
The Leak Alarm Unit, which was previously available as an option, is now included as standard equipment.
It is effective not only for early detection of underwater flooding accidents, but also for protection of equipment by checking its waterproof performance before entry.
CR2032 lithium battery included.
Product No.44135 Leak Alarm Unit Product Page.
Download Leak Alarm Unit Mode Change Instructions
Strobe Synchro System
Three optional strobe connection methods are available.
- Optical TTL connection
[Product No.50151] Optical YS Converter S2
Compatible with SEA&SEA “Optical YS Converter S1” which converts the strobe light emission signal of the camera to LED light and synchronizes with the SEA&SEA YS strobe. It is a high-performance converter that does not just emit simple light-emitting signals, but also performs TTL auto light control.
*The Sony original adapter "ADP-MAA" is no longer required for connection to the camera.
- Optical Manual Connection
[Product No.50146] Manual flash trigger
For those who do not need TTL photography, the fiber-optic cable connection enables manual firing of the YS strobe.
- Electrical Connection
[Product No.50147] Strobe connector/N
[Product No.50122] Optional Sync Cord 2-pin Connector
YS strobes can be electrically connected with a sync cord.
Full Range of Standard Equipment
- Grip Plus made of silicone material.
- Robust yet secure fit to hold the housing in place.
- Lighting can be deployed as desired from the SA8 fixed ball base.
- Pre-equipped with lanyard hooks for convenient transportation.
Common to all models
- Up/down/left/right buttons on the multi selector cannot be used.
- Use the up/down/left/right buttons on the control wheel instead.
- The up/down/left/right buttons on the control wheel cannot be used to move the focus point.
- Focus point can be moved with the front and rear dials using the camera's dial customization function.
- Drive mode/focus mode dials are not available as standard.
- It can be supported by using the optional kit.
- If you want to change the drive mode etc. without modification, you can temporarily use it by registering the camera's custom shooting setting in advance and calling up the function, but it is not a perfect substitute.
- The shooting mode lever cannot be used.
- This can be handled by using an optional kit.
- S&Q cannot be used.
Enhancement Customization Kit
- [Product No.50148] α1 customize kit for MDX-αU
Compatible with drive mode dial/focus mode switching lever.
- [Product No.50149] α9II Customize Kit for MDX-αU
Compatible with drive mode dial and focus mode selection lever.
- [Product No.50150] α7IV Customize Kit for MDX-αU